Friday, April 15, 2011

Crochet Friday Series 2: Single Crochet Stitch

And the Single Crochet Stitch has its own  showcase on Gatuxedo's Crochet Friday Series!

I'm not quite sure anyone's following these series but hopefully any lost in the web beginner will find this on a google search sometime before I die. Or after, it doesn't really matter... As long as it's helpful. Anyways I am going to keep posting this because when I decided to learn to Crochet, all I found was dozens of Utube videos with horrible audio and out of focus and etceteras. It took me some time to find the best tutorials that made my crocheting successful. So I am very confident that other curious minds will feel the same way after watching the good stuff I share with y'all here, today.

The Single Crochet is not the mother of all stitches, that's the Chain Stitch, but the SC (that's how it's abbreviated) is the beginning of an actual project. The stitch you will need to work the most basic garments like a scarf, a headband, a hat, or these beautiful ear flaps I made for my niece (pattern to this to come soon!):


If you already know how to Crochet but you know of someone that has been trying to learn, pass it on! Again I'm posting a video by Teresa Richardson, cause she's got the best tutorials EVER. Now, go practice your stitches!




And practice how to work in circles too!



Happy Stitching and Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment