Friday, April 29, 2011

Crochet Friday Series 4: Double Crochet

Crochet Friday Series #4 presents Mr Double Crochet

So this is the 4th week I've been doing the series for beginners and I had planned to have a crochet-along project that required only the basic stitches seen so far (at the Crochet Friday Series) but, unfortunately, I got sick in the middle of the week and had a hard time even getting to the computer. So I decided that instead of doing that project, I'd showcase another stitch and then, on coming Friday, I'll come with an actual project that requires the stitch we learn today: the Mr Double Crochet.

This stitch is very traditional, you'll see it in a lot in patterns all around the world. There is a crazy and wide variety of stitches based on the Double Crochet, so learning how to work it it's a GREAT investment. Usually there's another stitch that is taught before the DC, that's the Half Double Crochet, it's not easier it's just different. I wanted to skip that one and leave it for later because the project I have in mind needs the DC. Later we'll see what do we need the Half DC for.



Can't wait for coming week. I have a little secret to share with the world ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment